Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heeney Stripe - Wasabi


1st of all, AWESOME name "Heeney Stripe".
I actually fell in love with this Heeney Stripe fabric (By Robert Allen) when I was in my 1st year textiles class. I still have the original piece. (Which was used in a few projects)

This sweet wasabi is going to be my office inspiration!

The office setting has drastically improved from the bright yellow that used to clad the walls, to "Quietude Gray" by Behr.
The room itself is small to begin with, although I love dark gray walls, I felt it would enclose the space -BAD!
But I still wanted a gray palette to work with on the walls, like a canvas!
With these new walls the room feels quite open, bright and modern! -YES!!



My goal with this Heeney Stripe fabric is to add a pop of colour into the space!
Ideally I picture using it as a valance over the window. (The type of valance will come after this entry.... hold tight... One thing at a time!)

I am going to pick up on the green stripes that are in the fabric and use it on small items around the room.
Either the Lime green -an accessible colour to find right now
and/or the turquoise -MY FAVORITE COLOUR! and NOT so easy to find NICE accessories.

I can't spice up the ENTIRE room with green and gray. So we'll see what ends up happening as the project continues.

I have found a few items that are great for office storage (especially for a student!) in lime green. So I am off to a good start!

Tip 1: If you are wanting to add bright colours to your space, try and find less expensive accents, because tastes can change and styles change all the time.
- You don't want to be stuck with a $6,000 LIME GREEN couch sitting in your space if you're sick of it!

Tip 2: Knowing which colours you want to use as accents around the room makes the search for items easier to find. Duh... You can also vary the shades of the particular colour you're looking for. For instance a lighter green and a darker shade of green. These are known as ANALOGOUS colours, as long as they are in the same colour family. (example pics to follow)

All in all I believe I am on the right path to a FABULOUS and FUNCTIONAL workspace! Phewsh
Stay tuned for the valance options! Perhaps someone can give their two cents worth...?!

2 comments:

  1. just having a blog takes guts! good on you! and who names fabrics? as a painter, when I have to "name" a painting, it's often difficult. But I love the name "sweet wasabi" better than Heeney Stripe"...but it is a fab fabric...
    can't wait to see what's next in your project.
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb!! Glad you're enjoying it!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete